Monday, June 23, 2008

Great NSV

Well today is my official weigh in day for the 100 Pound Challenge (The Daily Plate) and the scale didn't budge. Any other day, I would be sad about that, but not today. Today I am on cloud 9. When I woke up this morning I thought, "I think I'm going to try to run on the treadmill today. Who cares if I can only last 2 minutes like last time. At least I'll put forth the effort." I got on the treadmill and set it for 15 mintues. I have no idea why, but 15 was the magic number. I ran the entire 15 minutes without stopping once! I have never been able to do that before. Years ago I ran in the mornings, but that was more of a slow job for 2 or 3 minutes and then walk for 5. It has always been a desire of mine to run a 5k, and this morning sealed the deal. One day I WILL be able to run my 5k!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done :-)

I was really proud of myself the other day. I was walking down to the bus stop, saw the bus coming and had to sprint for it. Was only about 50 yards or so. But a few months ago that would have been beyond me. When I got onto the bus I was not out of breath and was able to talk to the driver. It feels good.