Friday, March 14, 2008

What am I?

One of the messge boards I belong to posed the question, "What are you?" Without even taking time to think I wrote the following:

"I am a beautiful, strong, intelligent, and independent woman. I am the wife and best friend of Lyndell, mother of Omari, Abriah, Adonis, and Elijah, and most importantly I am a person who is sure in my faith. I am an asset to those I work for/with, and I am the voice of those who seem to have lost theirs along the way. I am a lover of beauty and nature. I am a woman who knows what she wants in life and is not afraid to go and get it. I am confident in the person I have become yet determined to grow into the woman I know I was predestined to be. I am a faithful, fair, and loyal friend that goes out of her way to help other people. I am perfectly imperfect, striving for the unattainable goal of perfection."

When I finished I thought to myself, "Dang that was pretty good. I'm a half way decent writer." I realized I spend so much time thinking about my weight and the millions of things I would like to change about myself, but I seldom pat myself on the back. Well tonight is pat myself on the back night. I am a darn good person. I am an absolutely fabulous wife to my husband. I may not be the prefect wife for the next man, but I say with assurance that I am the one and only perfect wife for the love of my life. I am a remarkable mother that puts the wants and needs of her children before her own. I am a superb employee. I have ALWAYS left jobs with a stellar reputation and the possibility of returning should I so desire. And in case you can't tell, I lack no confidence! Why should I? Why should I allow the outward appearance make me feel like I am less valuable? I won't!!!! I am a valuable member of my small corner of the world. I may not touch as many people as a famous person will, but I make a positive impact on the ones I do touch, and that is more important to me than anything fortune or fame could ever bring. I love people. I love the beauty that God created when He formed man. I love the good and the bad, though the bad sometimes makes me wanna just grab people and shake some sense into them. I love it nonetheless. I love people because it's easy for me to see the potential for greatness in everyone. I believe we all came to this world with "gifts" that we can use to help make this world a better place. We just have to tap into them. What would happen if we all said thank you to the person that held the restaurant door open for us? What would happen if we all fed 1 homeless person a day? What would happen if we all did 1 act of random kindness everyday. Your act may be different from mine, and may impact the receiver of that act differently from mine, but in the end we'd both get the same result. A better world. Positive deeds, words, and actions breed the same. Which in turn breeds love, joy, and happiness.

What am I? I am a breeder of love, joy and, happiness. I am perfectly imperfect, striving for the unattainable goal of perfection!

No comments: