Monday, May 12, 2008

Back with a renewed Vigor!!

Well I guess I should say that I spent the last three weeks in maintenance mode. While my husband was home there was so much going on that it was almost impossible to focus on losing weight. I think I did as well as can be expected, but of course I wish I had done better. For the most part I realized I have just about mastered portion control. I also realized that I still need a lot of work on staying focused and resisting poor food choices. My husband bought two packs of pecan sandies cookies, and I didn't eat a single one, but we stopped for a scoop of ice cream at least 7 or 8 times. I think it's something about being able to see the nutritional facts that does it for me. I didn't eat the cookies because I read the pack and saw that there were like 80 cal per cookie. The ice cream though was this amazingly good Greek ice cream with flavors I have never dreamed of. The hazelnut tasted just like a butterfinger, and most of the flavors they carry are more like a sherbert than the creamy ice cream we have in America.... okay, I'm supposed to be talking about refocusing here, not ice cream!

Anyhoo, I feel refreshed and ready to complete the weight loss phase of this journey and move into maintenance. Only 44 pounds to go.... so close compared to the 110 I started out with. One of the pairs of size 14 pants I ordered is actually too big! That was one of the things that helped me regroup. The thought of being able to go down to a 12 is VERY appealing to me. I want to get this weight off and keep it off for life! Also, I want the feeling of accomplishment that comes with reaching a goal. I'll be able to say, "I did this". With no surgery, or weight loss pills, I lost a whopping 110 pounds. I decided I wanted to do it, and I worked my butt off (literally) until I reached my goal. At this stage of my life.... there is no better feeling!

1 comment:

word2yomutha said...

you can and will reach the 110lb mark - you've got the determination! I too do pretty well when I see the label right in front of me but when its something I eat out and find out calories later I'm usually in shock. Ice cream is so, so good - dont deprive yourself just get one of those little taste tester spoons and have a few mini bites of someone elses portion instead if at all possible =) Dunno, just an idea.