Sunday, June 14, 2009

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

So here I am day 2 of my renewed commitment to a healthier JayLady and I must admit I'm rather proud of my sticktoitiveness (totally not a word, but you get the point). I made some good food choices today and I pushed myself to get my weight training in, walk two miles, and work on some toning here at home. My husband and children have joined in and we all worked on the toning and some light calisthenics together. It was beautiful to work on my body with my entire family. I know my husband and I are teaching our children valuable lessons that will benefit them for years to come. With that thought in mind I have decided to simply stick to a life style of smart food choices and efficient workouts. If I focus more on making a lifestyle change and less on losing weight I know I will get the results I desire. I must be consistent. This is not a sprint. This is a marathon that will last the rest of my life. If I want to be around for my family I must live for the future. No more focusing on today's struggles with my weight and appearance. I am not focusing on finishing this marathon with as few setbacks as possible!

No comments: